Nov 29, 2021
How does a Queue Management System work
Queue management in commercial offices, government offices, shops, or any establishment can be a major challenge depending on the type of business. Proper waiting-times management at any location with a recurring influx of customers can dial the point of profitability of the setting.
Automating queue management with a digitalized and adequate system creates a feeling of fairness among our clients, order in the given attention, and significantly increases satisfaction level.
Queue management digitization
In any type of establishment, from bank branches or stores to hospitals or public administration offices (town councils, county councils, unemployment offices …), activities that require adequate management of the flow of people are carried out.
Adapting queue management to the needs of the setting, employees and users is a necessity in certain activities within these locations. In addition, the automation and digitization of this process through identity verification provides a series of additional benefits:
- Employees’ productivity improvement: For the setting staff, the stress of serving a multitude of people without an adequate organization is reduced and they can have information about customers before serving them.
- Waiting times reduction: Good management and optimization of the people flow reduces waiting times for customers while streamlining the work of the staff.
- Data quality: The system not only provides data to employees and users but also collects information about the establishment, its operation and customers. The analysis and monitoring of this data can be used to optimize and improve the activity of the location.
- Abandon risk reduction: Many users leave the establishment when they notice that there is an uncoordinated crowd that must be attended before them.
- Supporting sanitary measures in complex situations: An orderly, planned and well-managed flow of people reduces risks in situations such as the Sars-CoV-2 pandemic and helps to comply with sanitary measures.
- Improves the image of the location and the brand: It helps to emit an image of modernity, order and proper functioning of the establishment, improving brand recognition, loyalty and positive customer perception.
- Sales increase: As a consequence of the optimization of activities in the place, the increase in sales occurs in all establishments once a maximum of 2 months have passed after the integration of the queue management system.
Characteristics of digitized queue management
The digitization of the queue management process is a reality already present in many establishments.
Each industry performs specific and unique dynamics, operations and needs associated with the reality of customers and the tasks that can be carried out in their physical locations. Moreover, even within the same sector, we can see how various establishments perform totally different activities.
That is why digital queue management solutions must be adapted and configured in such a way that they fit the specific activities of the setting. Several examples of queue management systems configurations can be observed:
- Identification location: The determination of the place where the device where the customer is registered is located corresponds to a strategic criterion. It can be located on the street, at the door of the establishment, avoiding crowds inside the store or branch in such a way that sanitary requirements are met, in an interior waiting room or in a strategic point of the establishment
- Screening and prioritizing customers: This ensures that you can differentiate between different types of customers either through a previous mini-survey or through registration. In this way, we can identify if the person is an already registered client, a person who has never visited the place or, for example, to know if the client is visiting the setting to buy or to make a query or return. Thanks to this data, an appropriate order and priority would be assigned to each client.
- Personalized segmentation: Linking with the previous example, each user is assigned a commercial agent or specialized personnel depending on their need. The client’s regular agent can assist him, improving loyalty.
- Calendars implementation: Digital terminals (tablets or other devices) can serve not only to indicate that you are arriving at the establishment but also to make appointments with a specific salesperson and be able to set a date.
Contact eID and an expert will analyze the needs of your establishment to propose an ad hoc queue management solution.
Facial Recognition for queue management
Biometric facial recognition is one of the most widespread techniques to verify identity and register users for different purposes: from accessing an app on a mobile phone to, now, being recognized in an establishment in order to be served.
This solution performs a very high degree of technical and legal security that presents a complete index of reliability and guarantees of good operation, in addition to benefiting from an agile, simple and friendly usability. The company’s systems verify and validate the identity of the user and provide automatic information to optimize the customer journey.
The user simply has to walk up to any camera device with the queue management software, show his face and smile. If you are an already registered customer, you will be authenticated, automatically redirected and queued; otherwise, you can either simply give your name or, additionally, register as a user by giving your email, telephone number and / or address.
It is an agile process that lasts a few seconds, where no paper or tickets are required. The software uses the facial biometric pattern, user name and additional data on it provided to properly prioritize the customer and choose the appropriate agent to assist the customer on-site.
SmileID, innovating in all sectors
SmileID is Electronic IDentification’s versatile solution for facial identification in queue management systems.
Supported by the recognized and standardized VideoID technology, it makes use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to identify users in seconds. It complies with the most demanding regulations regarding digital identification and adapts to any need a location eventually may have.
Request a free trial of SmileID.